Key Points Discussed on the Podcast
- If you want to go to be a great story teller listen to the guys at the track
- If you want to go to the beach “Put a Black Lives Matter Shirt ; pitch a tent, and tell the cops you are protesting
- Do not bet on horses that are nervous: but no one really knows
- Horse racing is a great place to teach kids math
- The only people telling people not to go back to work has the resources to work at home
- You are only born with so much luck.
- 50,000 in the track watching races.But local media focuses on the 9 people outside protesting
- American culture and the culture at the race track kept Mel Brooks alive after his wife died.
- Online betting off track is killing the race track
- His Dad was a good handicapper which made going to the track
- When you get pulled over in Mexico : one cop shakes you down and the other cop tries to steal the your car radio
- SportsBetting is going to happen because the state needs the tax revenue
- Betting unders on MLB is going to cash
- When Betting Hockey look at “road-dogs”
- To much being taking out in taxes
- Two types of people of people in Covid19. A) People who just have rearrange their schedule B) And people who are really struggling
” I learned math at the race track and my reports at school sometimes included insight from the racetrack” Tim Conway Jr. said.
Conway Jr. Is Hollywood Royality. His Dad Tim Conway is a Hollywood Legend as he was on the The Steve Allen Show, McHele’s Navy, Turn-On,The Tim conway Show (1970), The Carol Burnett Show. (He earned 4 Emmy Awards)
Clips from the Carol Burnett show can be seen on this link https://www.vanityfair.com/hol…
Conway Jr. career has been lengendary as well. He has been a rock on the nighly time slot for the #1 rated news talk raido station in Los Angles KFI640
Conway Jr spent his childhood around Santa Anita, Hollywood Park and Del Mar Racetracks with his father, Tim Conway (Carol Burnett Show), four younger brothers and older sister.
During his early career, he produced his own internet radio show and thanks to its popularity, he was offered an opportunity to host a radio talk show on 97.1 KLSX-FM. Over twelve successful years, Conway’s show became famous for providing Southern Californian’s with a wide variety of entertaining topics including live police chases, Hollywood craziness, and sharing current events with a twist of humor.
“What The Hell Did Jesse Jackson Say?” was a favorite segment and maintains a substantial cult following to this day. In 2009 when KLSX switched to an all-music format, Conway joined forces with KFI-AM 640, the No. 1 news/talk radio station in the country, to continue bringing his unique and comedic perspective to topics like politics, gambling, and more. Fans love his knowledge of history and his down-to-earth take on life; and also enjoy the refreshing levity he delivers.
Throughout his career, Conway has been featured on numerous television programs (Fox 11, CBS, NBC, ABC) and has also received various industry honors including: a Golden Mic award, an Edward R. Murrow award, and a Marconi nomination for “Personality of the Year” (2016). When he’s not busy entertaining listeners, he enjoys spending time with his family, supporting local charitable organizations, and hanging out at the racetracks!
Tim Conway Jr. KFI radio joins the Podcast and make us laugh It is avaialble on All Podcast Platforms.
Link to Podcast Platforms“The I Love South Orange County Podcast” that originates from Lake Forest California