Sometimes no one thinks you are smart. No one wants to give you a chance. Then your mind wonders to those who have given you a chance and were able to monetize it by giving them “true scarce value.”
Then to escape you focus on the one thing that does not have a built-in barrier. Something you can do is use your knowledge of Sports, financial markets and people to give yourself access to money without having to hear your bosses opinion, your wife’s opinion or deal with a “pain in the ass” client.
Systematically betting on NFL, College Football, College Basketball, and some NBA allows making a decision without having to hear anyone else’s mouth.
You can always win and have money in your pocket to avoid “Hard Times” in the “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes sense.
Over a 10 year period with my brother who I met at work in Carlsbad California: Victor Cappello; have come up with a process of 243 rules of betting. The result of those rules are we paid for Vegas trips including our legendary 4 days in Vegas for the start of the NCAA tournament where we won over 90% of our bets and did a crazy parlay that we only needed Texas to inbounds the ball and we would have been retired.
However, that is the “beauty” and “fun” of betting like sociologist you enjoy the madness and craziness of human nature. Even though it is Sports gambling it is very clean compared to other forms of entertainment these days.
However, you have to have a system or code you live by not only to make money betting but have fun and laugh while you are doing it. Each part of the country is different. Therefore outcomes vary.
I am originally from Los Angeles California and spent 20 years in Florida and now I have been back in Southern California for the past 11 years. Victor is originally from Buffalo, we met in Carlsbad California and we have used our knowledge and sports together for a million laughs over the last decade. Also, we have paid rent and Christmas presents with our picks. Here are your top 10 Sports gambling rules and remember come up with a few of your own and let us know.
- Never bet on your own team. This is straight out of economics. Economics is 40% math and 60% in psychology. Because of the emotional attachment, propaganda in the newspaper and TV you always think that your team will perform better than you think when times are going good and worse when times are going bad. Especially if you have a job and a wife or girlfriend or kids you are never going to put the pieces to pick the right side of a game
- If you lose it is not because of “bad luck” it is because you picked the wrong team; No Such Thing As A “Badbeat” The reason you can make money consistently in Sportsbetting is that coaches like Bill Belicheat, Nick Satan and Andy Reid have scripts for the 1st 20 plays of every game and map out how the season will go. Therefore after watching games your whole life you can pick up on patterns and predict how players will react. However, like in economics, the “opposite of every truth is also true”. Betting uses the law of “opposites” for every coach like Andy Reid there are coaches like Anthony Lynn of the San Diego Chargers right now in 2018. I am sure he is trying to do the same things as Belicheat and Reid but since every NFL team has different management styles the execution is different therefore you get random results that you can consistently bet against depending on the situation. I have been told by people that work at NFL teams front offices that even though it is “counter-intuitive” there is not a consistent book of best practices for every team. Each team has a different management system. You can tell which team has a good management system and which do not. The league Commissioner makes sure the “goose that is laying the golden eggs” PR and marketing do not get affected by the different management styles. Therefore after each outcome reflect and think why you got the pick right or wrong
- Never Bet More Than 25% Of Bank Roll: If you were psychic you would know the Lottery numbers. Because of evolution and coping mechanisms we overestimate decisions. So no matter how much you think a team will win; to keep money in your bankroll to have fun never bet more than 25% of your bankroll. 52% is break even and 70% is the goal to attain.
- Never Parlay Games: “Salesmen think short-term and businessmen think long term” the variables are too many to be a good business decision pure entertainment is another story
- Never Bet Without During Your Research; Read the local “beat writers”; talk to fans at the games that really know what they are talking about, read the preseason magazines but do not pay attention to any of the predictions: make your own. Always know what happened the last time the teams played
- Bet The Moneyline: Do not get killed by extra point missed
- Bet The Coaches Not The Players Coaches especially in College control the game. What are the coaches goals? Does he care about bowl games; and wears out his teams getting reps for the next season? Does he only care about the season regular season division title like Bill Self and lose early in the tournament? Is the coach like Belicheat where the full offensive and defensive schemes are not in until the playoffs? is there “bad blood” between the coaches?
- Myth Lines Are Made For Betting On Both Sides & Any Statistic Is Useful Lines are made to make money. If the lines makers can get 80% of the people to bet the wrong team “they” love it. I have a client who does analytics for a major league baseball team and will not take any NFL clients. She is the smartest person I have ever met. She is a mathematician. She states analytics does not work in football because mathematically there are too many variables
- Stop Betting If You Are Not Laughing All The Time, Having Fun And Helps You Escape From Reality
- Use The Same Logic For Investing In Stocks, Businesses And In Products In Betting. Value is value. If you have information that the masses do not then go for it; put money down,